What We Believe
Our church has 16 fundamental beliefs, nine of which are considered the core beliefs of the church. All preaching, teaching, worship, etc. at our church revolves around these nine beliefs.
1. The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. There is only One True God–revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both human and divine.
4. Although originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through Salvation (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior).
6. Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
7. The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
8. A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
9. We believe in and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
If you would like to learn more about the 16 fundamental beliefs you can visit the website for the Assemblies of God. All 16 beliefs are listed there in condensed form, along with links to the complete original statements with scriptures.